Starting a career or wishing to expand your knowledge in airports? Get the essential knowledge you need to succeed.
Earn the IATA Leadership & Management Diploma
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Know the history of aviation and understand the role airports play in the economy
- Discover the various airport customers and partners
- Gain knowledge about the multiple operational and business functions of airports
- Acquire the tools to apply your knowledge and skills to your airport environment
- Build or refresh management and leadership skills
- Respond to management challenges effectively
Available as: Distance Learning course
Duration: 70-75 hours plus 2.5 hours for exam
Recommended level: Entry-level and Professional
- Operational functions of the airport
- Rescue, fire fighting and other support services
- Airport issues and challenges
- The future of airports
- Technological developments
- Harvard ManageMentor modules
Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) incorporates state-of-the-art, media-rich content furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development. It is a valuable online reference that companies around the world trust to help boost individual and corporate performance by helping you handle the small and large Management & Leadership issues you face.
In addition to the key principles in each area, topics are supported with video insights from leaders and experts, Harvard Business School case studies, Harvard Business Review articles, templates, checklists, discussion outlines and other resources to enable deeper understanding.
Upon enrolment, you will receive access to over 40 modules, valid for 8 months; however, you are only required to successfully complete 10 modules. Each module is 2-4 hours long. You can select topics that better reflect your training and development criteria:
- Selection by category: Managing Yourself, Managing Others, Managing the Business
- Selection by role: First-Time Manager, Mid-Level Manager, Senior Manager
At the end of each module, a certificate of completion is awarded to those who pass each module with 70% and have viewed 70% of the course content
Course Content (pdf) for the IATA course
This course is recommended for:
- Recently appointed airport staff
- Travel industry staff
- Newcomers to the industry
Combined, the Harvard ManageMentor modules and this Distance Learning course in eBook format will provide you with the Leadership and Management skills you need to succeed in your organization.
At the end of each module, a certificate of completion is awarded to those who pass each module with 70% and have viewed 70% of the course content.
Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM modules and the IATA module, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
1. The fees include the Aviation Distance Learning course and access to the HMM modules.
2. Customers may contact us for more information.