The aircraft servicing and ground handling basics you need to start a career on the ramp.
Ramp handling services ensure the efficient turnaround of aircraft so that flights stay on schedule. This course offers an introduction to ramp services as well as the ground handling standards and safety requirements you need to know to work safely on the ramp.
Whether you are new to the industry or a recent recruit, this course provides a solid foundation for further professional development in the field of ground operations.
This course gives you an understanding of:
- The ground operations working environment
- Standard ramp operations terminology
- The departments of an airport and how they work together
- Basic safety and security for efficient operations
- Procedures for key aircraft ground servicing tasks
- IATA Airport Handling Manual and IATA Ground Operations Manual standards
Available as: Distance Learning course in eBook format combined with Harvard ManageMentor
Duration: 70-75 hours plus 2.5 hours for exam
Recommended level: Entry-level and Professional
- Introduction to the airside environment and airport ramp services
- Aircraft characteristics and turnaround plan
- Cleaning, catering and other services
- Ground service equipment
- Standard operating procedures
- Airside safety
- Harvard ManageMentor Modules
Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) incorporates state-of-the-art, media-rich content furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development. It is a valuable online reference that companies around the world trust to help boost individual and corporate performance by helping you handle the small and large Management & Leadership issues you face.
In addition to the key principles in each area, topics are supported with video insights from leaders and experts, Harvard Business School case studies, Harvard Business Review articles, templates, checklists, discussion outlines and other resources to enable deeper understanding.
Upon enrolment, you will receive access to over 40 modules, valid for 8 months; however, you are only required to successfully complete 10 modules. Each module is 2-4 hours long. You can select topics that better reflect your training and development criteria:
- Selection by category: Managing Yourself, Managing Others, Managing the Business
- Selection by role: First-Time Manager, Mid-Level Manager, Senior Manager
This course is recommended for:
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career with an airline or ground service provider
- Recently recruited airline, airport and ground handling staff
Combined, the Harvard ManageMentor modules and this Distance Learning course in eBook format will provide you with the leadership and management skills you need to succeed in your organization.
At the end of each module, a certificate of completion is awarded to those who pass each module with 70% and have viewed 70% of the course content. Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM modules and the IATA module, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
The fees include this Aviation Distance Learning course and acces to the HMM modules.