The transport of temperature-sensitive cargo by air is a complex business, requiring expertise in the technology and regulations specific to the field. This course will bring you up-to-speed on container types and their special operating procedures so you can ensure your equipment and services meet industry requirements.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify container types and know their respective build-up, inspection and storage procedures
Select suitable facilities and equipment for your temperature-controlled operations
Choose the right containers for different product and aircraft types
Establish in-house procedures that comply with IATA Unit Load Device Regulations (ULDR) and Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR)
- ULD operations
Ground handling functions
- Temperature-Controlled Containers (TCC)
- Ground handling functions
- Temperature-controlled products
- Temperature management in the supply chain
Processes and procedures
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo operations and station managers
Air cargo and freight forwarder operations personnel
ULD managers and compliance managers
ULD trainers and instructional designers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.