Risk management applies to virtually all operational areas, making it a key factor in the success of highly sensitive and regulated shipments.
This course introduces key methods for identifying and reducing the risks that can lead to temperature deviation in shipments across transport modes, locations and stakeholders. You will have the chance to review the entire shipment process, from agreement to final delivery, to learn the most common challenges to temperature management throughout the cold chain.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 24 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
This course prepares you to:
- Identify risks to the quality of your service throughout the cargo value chain
- Apply risk management methodology to measure risk probability
- Determine the actions required for reducing risks
- Build industry best practice into your risk management processes
- Develop your own Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for handling products consistently
- Quality Risk Management (QRM) process
- Risk assessment
- Risk control
- Risk management methodology
- Temperature-sensitive healthcare products
- Regulations for transport by air
- Using the IATA Time and Temperature Sensitive handling label
- Procedures for handling time and temperature sensitive shipments
- Standard Level Agreements (SLA)
- EU Good Distribution Practice (GDP) for medicinal products
- Temperature management
- Critical control points in the supply chain
- Packaging technology
- Temperature mapping
- Course activities
- Risk assessment exercises
Completion of the IATA Time and Temperature checklist
Download the full outline and schedule
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo and ground handling operations managers
Cargo quality managers
Warehouse and ramp personnel
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields.