Learn the requirements of the healthcare industry for an air cargo logistics service provider, to become a player in the pharmaceutical logistics market. During this 3-day course you will learn about the packaging requirements and the air cargo industry’s best practices for storing, accepting and handling time-and temperature-sensitive healthcare shipments.
Your business will need to guarantee the efficient and reliable handling of time- and temperature-sensitive products under variable circumstances. Following the requirements of the Quality Management Systems (QMS) applicable to the Healthcare and Air Cargo industries, apply these skills in practice scenarios, and receive guidelines to create your own Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
Prerequisites: Participants should have prior knowledge of Air cargo procedures
Recommended level: Beginners and Intermediate
The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Jan 24 - Jan 26, 2017 - United States, Miami (IATA)
6 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Anticipate the logistical and regulatory needs of the global healthcare industry
- Identify potential risks at critical points in the cold chain
- Prevent and manage temperature deviations at critical points in the cold chain
- Create your own Service Level Agreement (SLA) to clarify mutual expectations and minimize challenges within the cold chain
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that ensure consistency in your operations
- Know and understand and air cargo industry’s best recommended practise as published in the IATA Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR) and Temperature Control Regulations (TCR)
- Regulatory environment and Healthcare industry requirements
- Procedures for handling time and temperature sensitive healthcare shipments
- Temperature management and temperature excursions
- Critical control points in the healthcare supply chain
- Packaging technologies
- Use of SOPs and SLAs
- Use of the IATA Time and Temperature Sensitive handling label and Acceptance Checklist
Download full outline and schedule
- Case studies
- Practical scenarios
- Final examination
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Managers and staff involved in air cargo
- Cargo quality
- Cargo terminal, ramp operations, and ground handling services
- Cargo reservations, sales and commercial analysis
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More