DescriptionPrices & RegistrationExam Schedule
The Ticket Repricing, Exchange and Reissue (TRER) course is an important companion for any successful Ticketing Agent. Providing accurate and efficient services to your customers builds trust and loyalty. Customer needs frequently change. Travelers will modify their travel dates and destinations after purchasing their air tickets, or request a flight or routing change after travel has begun. This course will give you a considerable advantage over your competition, enabling you to perform complex transactions such as revalidating, exchanging, or reissuing tickets with confidence.
Course formatThis distance learning course is available in eTextbook format.
- This course requires approximately 30 hours of study, to be completed in 6 months.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand exchange/reissue ticketing entries and avoid debit memos arising from incorrect ticketing or incorrect application of IATA rules and procedure
- Improve problem solving and analytical skills when complying with governmental and IATA regulations, thus avoiding mistakes that could expose the travel agency to costly fines
- Gain the confidence of customers who rely on you to provide relevant and up-to-date international travel services and advice when their original travel plans change
- Convert one currency to another accurately
- Assess taxes/fees/charges to be refunded or collected
- The passenger air tariff training extract
- Review of fare selection
- Currency rules revisited
- Types of pricing units
- Related fees and other charges
- The electronic ticket
- Electronic miscellaneous documents
- Introduction to ticket alterations
- Assessment of change fees
- Exchange transactions
- Reissue transactions
- Voluntary refunds
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agency employees
- Travel agency managers
- Travel agency owners
- Airline ticketing agents
- Airline ticketing managers
- Air fares and ticketing specialists
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 80
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 1
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.