DescriptionPrices & RegistrationExam Schedule
No matter which career is pursued in hospitality and tourism, the Tourism Essentials course develops fundamental and transferable skills employers look for when making hiring decision and for career advancement.
Course format: This self-study course is available in printed textbook format.
- An average of 40 hours of study is required for this course
- The enrollment period is six months
- An online course examination must be taken before the enrollment period expires.
- Only one exam attempt is available for this course.
- An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Work with a positive work attitude as a team member
- Understand common responsibilities in tourism
- Demonstrate adaptability
- Appreciate the importance of safety
- Communicate more effectively
- Apply job search skills
- List various tourism sectors and occupations
- Skills in numeracy, thinking, communication and team work
- Tourism knowledge, promotion and professional services
Download full outline
- This practical course supplies a course workbook which serves as your textbook study to prepare for examination.
- The course study is designed around carefully designed occupational standards set by tourism and hospitality sectors, as followed by the emerit training program.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Hospitality and tourism program students
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: