DescriptionPrices & RegistrationExam Schedule
Learn about the latest trends in tourism and how sustainable tourism is leading the way in all areas of the industry.
Course format: This is a distance learning course, available in printed or electronic format.
- This course requires approximately 150 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- All candidates will be given 2 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 60% or higher.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the knowledge base and the skills to:
Identify and evaluate main trends in the tourism industry and their impact on the industry
Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of business models applied in the tourism industry
Describe various tourism products and create new packages based on the customer’s preferences
Apply the principles of sustainable development to any tourism destination or product
Develop marketing strategies for various tourism products and destinations
Tourism and its impact
Current trends in tourism
Business models in tourism and its marketing
Supply and demand in the tourism system
Development and packaging of tourism products
Who should attend
Tourism marketing specialists
Travel & Tourism students
National Tourism Offices
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions. Open Text Book, Foldout Maps are not permitted
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 85 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
If you purchase the e-textbook version of this course IATA will email a link to download the course E-textbooks. No shipping fees will apply. If you purchase the printed textbook version of this course, you will receive a printed study kit by courier delivery.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.