A fee-based business model is essential for travel agencies and significantly enhances their profitability. In this course you will learn the general trends and best practices in the implementation or setting of agency fees, the various types of fees collected by travel agencies, and the best way to communicate them to customers.
For a longer version of this training video, please click here
This course also explains the evolution in the role of the travel agent, the airline industry business model, and the role of the travel customer. Additionally, it communicates complex information, such as how to compute, market, explain, defend, and ultimately charge transaction fees, and will prepare you for this course examination.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain the changing environment of the airline industry and travel consumer
- Define sales cycles and utilize them to their advantage
- Convey the importance of attitude within the workplace
- Describe the revenue, merchant, and consultant models
- Build an agency environment suitable to the implementation of service fees
- Calculate costs and ROI associated with providing services
- Differentiate between costs associated with corporate and leisure travel
- Determine key revenue generators, and how they contribute to increasing the bottom-line
- Explain the benefit of IATA's TASF solution
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel industry entrepreneurs
- Travel agency employees and managers
- Airline ticketing agents and managers
- Air fares and ticketing specialists
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 50
- Time Allowance: 2 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 1
About IATA eLearning Training
- This self-study eLearning course delivers comprehensive instruction to busy aviation and travel industry professionals.
- eLearning is a quick and flexible training method providing learner-friendly materials that allow you to learn using short, interactive modules.
- Write your exam online at a time that is convenient to you.
- Order online to receive access to this course on our eLearning platform.
- You may enrol at an IATA Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer.