DescriptionPrices & Registration
Geography is central to tourism as travelers take into account the travel time, routing, and local climate when choosing a vacation destination. In order to successfully sell travel products, you need to understand what drives tourist decisions and what geographically sets places apart. Study world geography and time zones to better advise clients on travel destinations and tours, and explore different regional modes of transport to offer customized travel itineraries.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Plan travel itineraries
- Read maps using longitude and latitude
- Use three-letter city and airport codes
- Market and sell different types of geography based travel (physical, cultural and destination)
- Understand different modes of transport around the world
- Marketing and selling geography based travel
- Understanding and reading maps
- Three-letter city codes
- Planning travel itineraries
- Currencies and currency codes
- World time zones
- Different modes of transport around the world
Download full course outline
This course is recommended for:
- Travel counselors
- Airline sales and service staff members
- Tour operators
- Travel agents
This course requires approximately 20 hours of study, followed by a mandatory final online examination. You will have 6 months to complete the course with unlimited access during this period, and you may take the online examination at any time during the 6 months period. A self-printable IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.