DescriptionPrices & Registration
Learn how to make and manage bookings for flights, hotels and car rentals in the Galileo system using our unique simulation program.
Galileo is among the most widely used reservation booking systems in the travel industry and is an essential tool for any aspiring travel professional. This smart course will show you how to use the Galileo system for common reservation scenarios and teach you key transactions that will help you stand out in the competitive travel industry.
You will gain practical knowledge in the areas of:
- World geography: including city and airport codes, currencies and time zones
- Galileo system functionality: the system interface and how to use it to create bookings
- Reservation maintenance: skills to enter and update Passenger Name Record (PNR) data with information such as special requests, seat assignments and frequent flyer account numbers
- Travel products and services: the key features travelers want and that you can use to sell travel products
- Air fares and ticketing: how to handle electronic ticketing and interpret paperless data
This course requires approximately 65 hours of study using a course book and online simulation program.
- Making customer-directed flight, hotel, and car bookings
- Quoting prices for travel products and services
- Processing queues and updating reservations
- Providing advice on travel products and options
- Issuing e-tickets using practice scenarios
Download full course outline
- Travel agents and tour operators
- Airline ticket agents
- Call center and customer contact agents
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the online final examination.