Build your leadership skills and travel industry knowledge with a combined focus from IATA and Harvard ManageMentor.
The IATA modules will help you understand what it takes to become a successful travel agent. Improve your customer service and sales skills in order to better advise clients about when and where to travel based on their needs. Learn how to provide the best flight, accommodation and tour options, and how to ensure clients fulfill all necessary travel requirements.
The Harvard ManageMentor modules will help you improve your general management and leadership skills. By taking this course you will gain access to over 20 online Harvard ManageMentor modules.
Course format: This is a distance-learning program requiring 200 hours of self-study for the IATA course plus additional time for the HMM modules.
What you will learn
Earn the Leadership & Management Diploma with specialization in International Travel and Tourism
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Advise customers on passport and visa requirements, as well as on travel insurance options
- Promote services and facilities available to airline passengers during their travel
- Interpret standard industry codes to plan and reserve travel itineraries
- Sell rail travel, car rental, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tour products
- Provide good customer service and retain customer loyalty
- Use the Global Distribution System to make and maintain reservations and issue travel documents
- The travel and tourism industry and the working environment for travel professionals
- Geography and industry codes
- Travel documents and the airline passenger experience
- Air transport products and services
- Rail, hotel, car rental, cruise and tour products
- Customer service principles
- Airfares and ticketing
- The Abacus system functionality
Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) topics
HMM incorporates state-of-the-art, media-rich content furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development. It is a valuable online reference that companies around the world trust to help boost individual and corporate performance by helping you handle the small and large management and leadership issues you face.
In addition to the key principles in each area, topics are supported with video insights from leaders and experts, Harvard Business School case studies, Harvard Business Review articles, templates, checklists, discussion outlines and other resources to enable deeper understanding.
Upon enrollment, you will receive access to over 20 modules, valid for 8 months. However, you are only required to successfully complete 10 modules. Each module is 2-4 hours long. You can select topics that better reflect your training and development criteria.
- Selection by category: managing yourself, managing others, managing the business
- Selection by role: first-time manager, mid-level manager, senior manager
At the end of each module, a certificate of completion is awarded to those who pass each module with 70% and have viewed 70% of the course content.
Download full outline
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agents
- Airline reservation agents
- Tour operators
- Call center agents
Completing this course
Available course formats
- This course combines eBook and interactive online training content.
- You will access these online modules and other study materials through your User Account in the IATA Learning Management System. In order to access the online training content, you need an Internet connection and the Google Chrome™ browser.
This course is part of the Leadership and Management Training Program.