Build your leadership skills and travel industry knowledge with a combined focus from IATA and Harvard ManageMentor.
The IATA modules will help you acquire essential knowledge and skills to work in the travel and tourism industry and become an effective travel professional. Provide advice on flight, accommodation and tour products, and how to ensure travelers fulfill necessary travel requirements. Improve your customer service and sales skills in order to better advise travel customers about when and where to travel based on their needs. Learn to use a global distribution system to create and manage reservations.
The Harvard ManageMentor modules will help you improve your general management and leadership skills. By taking this course you will gain access to over 20 online Harvard ManageMentor modules.
Course format: This is a distance learning course.
- The IATA course requires approximately 200 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- Additional time is required for the HMM modules.
What you will learn
Earn the Leadership & Management Diploma with specialization in International Travel and Tourism
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Advise customers on passport and visa requirements, as well as on travel insurance options
- Promote services and facilities available to airline passengers during their travel
- Interpret standard industry codes to plan and reserve travel itineraries
- Sell rail travel, car rental, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tour products
- Provide good customer service and retain customer loyalty
- Use the Global Distribution System to make and maintain reservations and issue travel documents
- The travel and tourism industry and the working environment for travel professionals
- Geography and industry codes
- Travel documents and the airline passenger experience
- Air transport products and services
- Rail, hotel, car rental, cruise and tour products
- Customer service principles
- Airfares and ticketing
- The Amadeus system functionality
Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) topics
HMM incorporates state-of-the-art, media-rich content furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development. It is a valuable online reference that companies around the world trust to help boost individual and corporate performance by helping you handle the small and large management and leadership issues you face.
In addition to the key principles in each area, topics are supported with video insights from leaders and experts, Harvard Business School case studies, Harvard Business Review articles, templates, checklists, discussion outlines and other resources to enable deeper understanding.
Upon enrollment, you will receive access to over 20 modules, valid for 8 months. However, you are only required to successfully complete 10 modules. Each module is 2-4 hours long. You can select topics that better reflect your training and development criteria.
- Selection by category: managing yourself, managing others, managing the business
- Selection by role: first-time manager, mid-level manager, senior manager
At the end of each module, a certificate of completion is awarded to those who pass each module with 70% and have viewed 70% of the course content.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agents
- Airline reservation agents
- Tour operators
- Call center agents
An IATA Foundation in Travel and Tourism Diploma is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available. Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions. Open Text Book, Foldout Maps are not permitted
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
Harvard ManageMentor Exam
- Exam Delivery Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
- Certificate Awarded: A Harvard ManageMentor Certificate is awarded for each HMM module upon successful completion of the assessment
Select any 4 of the 8 available Aviation IATA Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad. Learn more