Study popular tourism destinations and improve your sales skills to successfully advise your clients on the best travel options. Learn how to customize and construct complex travel itineraries, gain the skills to process ticket exchanges and reissues, and understand how industry regulations affect your travel operations.
Course format: This is a distance-learning program requiring 150 hours of self-study.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and consult on popular international travel and tourism destinations
- Advise on modes of transportation, accommodation, and tours
- Understand IATA resolutions that apply to accredited travel agencies
- Construct complex fares and manage changes to electronic tickets
- Popular tourism destinations
- Sales techniques
- Airfare construction and ticket exchanges/reissuance
- Travel industry laws and regulations
- Tour, luxury and group travel options
- Accommodation (other than hotels)
- Social media marketing
Download full outline and schedule
This course is recommended for:
By successfully completing the examination you will receive the Travel and Tourism Consultant Diploma, and you are eligible for the Travel and Tourism Professional (TTP) designation.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
This course can be taken as part of the Leadership & Management Training Program diploma.