Study popular tourism destinations and improve your sales skills to successfully advise your clients on the best travel options. Learn how to customize and construct complex travel itineraries, develop specialized knowledge of travel products and gain the skills to process ticket exchanges and reissues. Improve your sales skills to successfully turn prospect and existing customers into returning customers and learn how to understand how industry regulations affect your travel operations.
Course format: This is a self-study program requiring 150 hours of study.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and provide advice on popular destination countries
- Advise on modes of transportation, accommodation, and tour products
- Apply IATA resolutions to your travel business and activities
- Prospect new and existing customers and counter sales objections
- Construct complex itineraries and manage changes to ticketed journeys
- Selling techniques and social media marketing
- Fare construction and ticket exchanges/reissuance
- Travel industry laws and regulations
- Niche products including tour customization, luxury and group travel options
- Accommodation products other than hotels
Download full outline and schedule
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
By successfully completing the examination you will receive the Travel and Tourism Consultant Diploma.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page