Build your leadership skills and travel industry knowledge with a combined focus from IATA and Harvard ManageMentor. Study popular tourism destinations and improve your sales skills to successfully advise your clients on the best travel options. Learn how to customize and construct complex travel itineraries, develop specialized knowledge of travel products and gain the skills to process ticket exchanges and reissues. Improve your sales skills to successfully turn prospect and existing customers into returning customers and learn how to understand how industry regulations affect your travel operations.
The Harvard ManageMentor modules will help you improve your general management and leadership skills. By taking this course you will gain access to over 40 online Harvard ManageMentor modules.
Course format: This is a distance learning course.
- The IATA course requires between 70 - 75 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- Additional time of approximately 20 hours will be required for the HMM modules
- All candidates will be given 2 attempts to successfully complete the final IATA exam.
- To successfully pass the IATA exam, the student must achieve a grade of 60% or higher.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and provide advice on popular destination countries
- Advise on modes of transportation, accommodation, and tour products
- Apply IATA resolutions to your travel business and activities
- Prospect new and existing customers and counter sales objections
- Construct complex itineraries and manage changes to ticketed journeys
- Popular tourism destinations
- Sales techniques
- Airfare construction and ticket exchanges/ reissuance
- Travel industry laws and regulations
- Tour, luxury and group travel options
- Accommodation (other than hotels)
- Social media marketing
Download full outline and schedule
Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) topics
HMM incorporates state-of-the-art, media-rich content furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development. It is a valuable online reference that companies around the world trust to help boost individual and corporate performance by helping you handle the small and large management and leadership issues you face.
In addition to the key principles in each area, topics are supported with video insights from leaders and experts, Harvard Business School case studies, Harvard Business Review articles, templates, checklists, discussion outlines and other resources to enable deeper understanding.
Upon enrolment, you will receive access to over 40 modules, valid for 8 months. However, you are only required to successfully complete 10 modules. Each module is 2-4 hours long. You can select topics that better reflect your training and development criteria.
- Selection by category: managing yourself, managing others, managing the business
- Selection by role: first-time manager, mid-level manager, senior manager
At the end of each module, a certificate of completion is awarded to those who pass each module with 70% and have viewed 70% of the course content.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
By successfully completing the examination you will receive the IATA Travel and Tourism Consultant Diploma
Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM modules and the IATA Travel and Tourism Consultant course, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available. Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Open Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
Harvard ManageMentor Exam
- Exam Delivery Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
- Certificate Awarded: A Harvard ManageMentor Certificate is awarded for each HMM module upon successful completion of the assessment
Select any 4 of the 8 available Aviation IATA Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad. Learn more