The Travel and Tourism Consultant course will teach you how to discover and promote niche travel products and provide advice on destinations with the highest number of international arrivals. You will learn how to improve your selling skills to turn prospective and existing customers into repeat customers and how to customize and construct complex travel itineraries. This online course will allow you to gain skills to handle ticket exchanges and reissues, and understand how industry regulations impact your travel sales.
The combined focus from IATA and Harvard ManageMentor will help you build management and leadership skills while gaining travel industry knowledge and skills. It combines IATA's Travel and Tourism Consultant Course with more than 20 Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) online modules. The Harvard ManageMentor Program is a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform developed by the Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
Course format: This is a distance-learning program requiring approximately 150 hours of self-study for the IATA course, plus a minimum of 20 hours for the HMM modules.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and provide advice on popular destination countries
- Advise on modes of transportation, accommodation, and tour products
- Apply IATA resolutions to your travel business and activities
- Prospect new and existing customers and counter sales objections
- Construct complex itineraries and manage changes to ticketed journeys
Download full outline and schedule
Travel and Tourism Consultant course
- Accommodation products other than hotels
- Niche products including tour customization, luxury and group travel options
- Selling techniques and social media marketing
- Travel industry laws and regulations
- Fare construction and ticket exchanges/reissuance
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues. HMM online modules feature:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
- Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
- Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
- Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
- Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
- Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
By successfully completing the examination you will receive the IATA Travel and Tourism Consultant Diploma and be eligible for the Travel and Tourism Professional (TTP) certification.
Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM modules and the IATA Travel and Tourism Consultant course, contact us email@example.com to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
Available course formats
Order online to receive self-study course materials. You will access all your study materials and module links online, through your User Account in IATA’s Learning Management System. You must have access to an Internet connection and the Google Chrome™ browser.