Security is a concern for everyone in the industry, affecting virtually all areas of operation. Whether you work with passengers, cargo or at a security checkpoint, you have a role in keeping the industry safe.
This course introduces you to the security measures and regulations you need to know to work responsibly in the industry. It also provides examples of practices you can apply in your workplace to identify and prevent potential security threats.
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- Your role as a future security professional in the overall aviation security framework
- The types of threats to consider in a security risk assessment
- Steps for enforcing security in your work areas
- The role of human factors in maintaining security
Available as: Distance Learning course
Duration: 50-55 hours plus 1.5 hours for exam
Recommended level: Entry-level and Professional
- Current threats to the aviation industry
- Aviation security regulations and the international organizations behind them
- Airport access control for people and vehicles
- Passenger, baggage, cargo, mail and catering security basics
- Common airport and in-flight security measures for responding to threats
- Harvard ManageMentor modules
Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) incorporates state-of-the-art, media-rich content furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development. It is a valuable online reference that companies around the world trust to help boost individual and corporate performance by helping you handle the small and large Management & Leadership issues you face.
In addition to the key principles in each area, topics are supported with video insights from leaders and experts, Harvard Business School case studies, Harvard Business Review articles, templates, checklists, discussion outlines and other resources to enable deeper understanding.
Upon enrolment, you will receive access to over 40 modules, valid for 8 months; however, you are only required to successfully complete 10 modules. Each module is 2-4 hours long. You can select topics that better reflect your training and development criteria:
- Selection by category: managing yourself, managing others, managing the business
- Selection by role: first-time manager, mid-level manager, senior manager
This course is recommended for:
- Entry-level security staff
- Industry personnel working with passengers or cargo
Combined, the Harvard ManageMentor modules and this Distance Learning course in eBook format will provide you with the leadership and management skills you need to succeed in your organization.
At the end of each module, a certificate of completion is awarded to those who pass each module with 70% and have viewed 70% of the course content. Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM modules and the IATA module, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
The fees include this distance learning course and access to the HMM modules.