Build your leadership skills and travel industry knowledge with a combined focus from IATA and Harvard ManageMentor.
The IATA modules will help you understand what it takes to become a successful travel agent. Improve your customer service and sales skills in order to better advise clients about when and where to travel based on their needs. Learn how to provide the best flight, accommodation and tour options, and how to ensure clients fulfill all necessary travel requirements.
The Harvard ManageMentor modules will help you improve your general management and leadership skills. By taking this course you will gain access to over 40 online Harvard ManageMentor modules.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Provide excellent customer service and build customer loyalty
- Understand the various services and facilities available to airline passengers during their travel
- Advise customers on passport and visa requirements, as well as on travel insurance options
- Plan and reserve travel itineraries using standard industry coding
- Sell rail travel, car rental, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tour products
- Book and sell travel products using Global Distribution Systems (GDS) such as Abacus, Amadeus, Galileo or Sabre
- Overview of the travel and tourism industry
- Requirements to become a travel agent
- Customer service principles
- Air transport products and services
- Airfares and ticketing
- Electronic booking tools
- Pre-packaged tour products
- Introduction to rail, land and water transport
Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) topics
HMM incorporates state-of-the-art, media-rich content furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development. It is a valuable online reference that companies around the world trust to help boost individual and corporate performance by helping you handle the small and large management and leadership issues you face.
In addition to the key principles in each area, topics are supported with video insights from leaders and experts, Harvard Business School case studies, Harvard Business Review articles, templates, checklists, discussion outlines and other resources to enable deeper understanding.
Upon enrolment, you will receive access to over 40 modules, valid for 8 months. However, you are only required to successfully complete 10 modules. Each module is 2-4 hours long. You can select topics that better reflect your training and development criteria.
- Selection by category: managing yourself, managing others, managing the business
- Selection by role: first-time manager, mid-level manager, senior manager
At the end of each module, a certificate of completion is awarded to those who pass each module with 70% and have viewed 70% of the course content.
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agents
- Airline reservation agents
- Tour operators
- Call center agents
This course combines printed and eBook (online) materials. A CD-ROM is included in this course study kit, requiring the following minimum system requirements: Windows 95, Internet Explorer 5.5, 16MB memory.
If you purchase the eBook (online) version of this course IATA will email a link to download the course textbooks and will ship the accompanying CD-ROMs. You will receive the link and access codes to the Harvard ManageMentor Program by email. No shipping fees apply.
If you purchase the printed version of this course, you will receive a printed study kit by courier delivery. The study kit includes the CD-ROM. You will receive the link and access codes to the Harvard ManageMentor Program by email. Shipping fees apply.
HMM modules are available in English (v11), Spanish and Mandarin (v10).
By successfully completing the examination you will be eligible for Travel and Tourism Professional (TTP) certification.
This course is part of the Leadership and Management Training Program.