DescriptionContent OverviewPrices & Registration
By studying this course you will gain confidence in your ability to sell destinations, answer common questions asked by travel customers and provide valuable advice that customers are willing to pay for.
The IATA Destination Geography Course is a good prerequisite for this course if your knowledge of general world geography is weak.
A minimum of 20 hours is required to complete this course study.
In the Destination Geography Course you will learn:
- A description of 12 basic types of leisure travelers
- Characteristics of human populations on all continents including a model of the “World Village”
- The world’s major mountains, oceans, seas, rivers and other bodies of water that attract visitors
- Distinguishing between the terms “weather” and “climate” and their impact on destinations
- How climate is affected by latitude, altitude, winds and proximity to water
- A review of the 15 top countries visited by international travelers, highlighting practical country information and niche attractions and activities in a downloadable workbook
Through the Rosetta Stone TOTALe PRO online course, you will learn one of 23 new languages through five levels of interactive and engaging learning. You will practice the skills of:
- Leisure and corporate travel agents
- Tour operators and guides
- Event and meeting planners
- Corporate travel managers