The New Distribution Capability (NDC) Program is a travel industry-supported program launched by IATA for the development and market adoption of a new, XML-based data transmission standard (NDC Standard). The NDC Standard will enhance the capability of communications between airlines and travel agents and will be open to any third party, intermediary, IT provider or non-IATA member, to implement and use. The NDC Program will transform the way airline products and services are retailed to corporations, leisure, and business travelers and will facilitate product differentiation, time-to-market, access to full and rich travel content, and a transparent shopping experience.
This introductory New Distribution Capability (NDC) training course is designed for NDC Program and Product Owners as well as Information Technology (IT) specialists to gain an understanding about NDC terminology, concepts, application program interface (API) schemas for shopping and order management, and about the airline reference architecture required to support NDC. You will review the rationale behind the NDC building blocks and review the NDC security model.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Jun 26 - Jun 27, 2018 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the current state of NDC in the industry
- Explain how NDC supports offer and order management
- Explain the key concepts and terms of NDC
- Understand the NDC reference architecture and apply the blueprint to your IT architecture
- Interpret the NDC schemas and how the APIs interact with each other
- Have a basic understanding of NDC adoption strategies and options
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline IT managers
- Solution provider product managers
- Airline distribution managers
- Airline and solution provider system developers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.