Learn the key elements necessary to manage a successful air cargo company.
Fundamental structural changes are taking place in the industry. Volumes are growing rapidly but yields are declining as the high yield traffic moves to integrated operators. For many airlines, the cargo contribution represents the difference between profit and loss on almost all international routes. Cargo management faces challenges as never before.
This course is designed to give managers a better understanding of the new cargo environment so that they can learn to avoid costly strategic and tactical errors and thereby help improve their company’s overall competitive performance.
This course is offered as part of the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management Program. A related course is also scheduled at our IATA Training Centers.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor / University of Geneva Professor.
- This course has been customized into a three-day format for the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management program. It may be taken as a single certificate course, or as part of the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management, or Executive MBA with specialization in aviation management.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Understand the fundamental changes taking place in the cargo industry
Appreciate the changing needs of shippers
Improve service reliability
Lower operating costs
Understand the role of the key functional areas in cargo such as marketing and sales, finance, operations, information technology and human resources
- Build on the changing role of automation and information technology
Apply key strategic decisions and avoid investment mistakes
Contribute to the improved competitive performance of your cargo business
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Cargo services and operations managers
Cargo business development managers
Cargo marketing and commercial managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Participants enrolled in the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management will benefit from receiving an academic diploma from both University of Geneva and IATA.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.