Gain an understanding of the key principles in running an airline.
Analyze various airline strategies and business models, and learn how they are managed and operated in a competitive global environment. Explore the issues driving the aviation business, recognize factors in successful airline performance, gather best practices from industry experts and learn the latest airline management issues.
This course is offered as part of the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management Program. A related course is also scheduled at our IATA Training Centers.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor / University of Geneva Professor.
- This course has been customized into a three-day format for the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management program. It may be taken as a single certificate course, or as part of the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management, or Executive MBA with specialization in aviation management.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- there are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Understand about the commercial foundation of the airline industry
Apply key trends in today’s industry environment, including: economic, political, demand and supply, revenue and cost
Analyze the airline market and understand how to achieve profitability
Understand how successful airline executives develop broad strategic plans using real-life examples
Understand how leaders are developed and the tools they use to measure and improve performance
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Professionals in the aviation, travel and transportation industries with a minimum of 3 years work experience
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Participants enrolled in the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management will benefit from receiving an academic diploma from both University of Geneva and IATA.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.