An executive workshop to demystify ICAO Safety Management Systems.
Take on board the key safety management principles, and those of accident prevention and related human factors. Top IATA lecturers will share their experience on how theory is applied in practice.
- This course is offered as part of the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management Program. A related course is also scheduled at our IATA Training Centers.
- This course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor / University of Geneva Professor.
- Participants will be required to read articles as pre-course reading
- Recommended level is Professional and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Recognize the key safety issues in aviation
Understand the basics of current safety programs
Explore the main theories on accident causation and prevention, related to enterprise risk management programs
Know how accidents can be prevented using evidence and best practices
- Design and operate a SMS as required by the main aviation authorities and ICAO
Understand how every manager in an aviation organization is affected and can be made part of the integrated safety management system
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Corporate and executive staff from airlines and airports
Civil Aviation Authorities
Air Navigation Service Providers
Ground Operations Service Providers
Pilots, Air Traffic Controllers and other operational staff
Representatives of aviation business
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Participants enrolled in the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management will benefit from receiving an academic diploma from both University of Geneva and IATA.
This course has been customized into a three-day format for the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management program. It may be taken as a single certificate course, or as part of the
Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management, or Executive MBA with specialization in aviation management.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.