This course covers aviation-related weather concepts, focussing on practical issues associated with airline flight operations. Included is a review of frontal systems, fog types and formation and high altitude weather phenomena (including the jet stream and clear air turbulence).
Particular attention is focussed on geographical areas of interest, including the Middle East and Asia and the Intertropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ), and associated tropical cyclones (hurricanes or typhoons).
A final section reviews decoding of Weather Reports and Forecasts.
Course format: This is an IATA/CAE eLearning course
Course duration: 105 minutes
- Frontal system
- High altitude weather
- Weather conditions – Middle East and Africa
- Intertropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ)
- Weather reports and forecasts
Download full outline and schedule
- ICAO / EASA / FAA / Transport Canada
- Maintain compliance with IOSA standards
- 1280 x 1024 Minimum Screen Resolution
- Broadband Internet Connection (512kbps)
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 or Mac OSX 10.5+ to MS Windows 7/8 or Mac OS
- Web Browser: IE 9 or later, Firefox, Safari, Chrome
- Latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed
- Latest version of Java Runtime Environment installed
- Latest Adobe PDF Reader installed
- Enable browser Pop-up Blockers
NOTE: To ensure minimum software requirements, please visit http://pelesys.com/checksysinfo/