DescriptionPrices & Registration
These lessons introduce the fundamentals of weather theory, highlight risks that weather can pose and introduce the information products that can be used to properly plan for weather.
- Properties of the atmosphere and air temperature, atmospheric moisture and condensation
- Stability, cloud development and precipitation
- The atmosphere in motion, air masses and fronts, thunderstorms, low-level windshear and microbursts
- Surface observation reports, upper-air observation reports
- Improves knowledge for good decision making regarding weather conditions
- Understand the fundamentals of weather theory
- Understand how to interpret and use weather reports (METAR's)
- Pilot Instructors
- Anyone interested in receiving ab initio training
Length: 350 minutes
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Improve your language skills through our joint programs with Rosetta Stone®, Berlitz® and other specialized language programs. More