This program reviews management practices employed by
airlines, airports and regulators to help you navigate the aviation
industry’s complex business environment. You will have the chance to
study alongside peers from across the aviation value chain and work on
case studies that highlight the needs and challenges of the industry’s many
businesses and organizations.
The courses selected for this program enable you to:
- Strengthen your knowledge of key business fundamentals
- Get a global perspective of the aviation industry and its
- Understand the industry’s complex business, regulatory and
- Network with experts and peers from all key areas of
One month of intensive training is divided into two segments
of two weeks each. Courses are delivered at the IATA Training Center in
Geneva and the NTU campus in Singapore.
IATA Geneva Segment, 25 March - 11 April 2014
- Aviation Law and Environment: A 5-day course providing an
introduction to public and
private air law regimes, EU law, and aviation environmental challenges.
- Aviation Strategic Execution - Project Management: A
2.5-day course about strategic planning and project
- Managing Aviation Safety and Security: A 5-day course on
Safety Management System regulatory
requirements and the current security challenges in aviation.
- Airport Strategic Management: A 2.5-day course that
highlights the business and
operational criteria for running a competitive airport.
NTU Singapore Segment, 30 June - 15 July 2014
- Airline Business Foundations: A 3-day course covering the
basics of airline economics,
development, organizational structure and effective leadership.
- Global Leadership and Innovation: A 4-day course on
managing cross-cultural situations.
Additional information about courses can be found on the Nanyang Business School's website.
- Airline Finance and Accounting Management: A 4-day course
to help you improve your financial analysis
and cost management skills.
We select professionals with diverse backgrounds, cultures and aviation experience to maximize exchanges during the program.
Successful applicants possess as a minimum:
- Five years of work experience
- Proven managerial responsibilities
- Proficiency in English
Company sponsorship is encouraged.
Applicants are asked to send completed applications as early as possible as class sizes are limited.
The Advanced Management Program in Aviation focuses
primarily on operations management. If you are looking for an intensive
business management program and full academic
credit, see the IATA-Nanyang
Executive MBA in Air
About Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
NTU is one of Asia's most reputable universities, known for
its research excellence and industry relevance and ranked among the top
25 technology universities in the world by the Times Higher Education
Supplement. NTU is also home to Nanyang Business School (NBS), the only
business school in Singapore, and the third in Asia, to have both the
European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and Association of Advance
Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditations.
About IATA Training
We train thousands of aviation professionals annually through
our global network of IATA Training Centers, partnering schools, and in
private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed
using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors,
experts in their fields.