DescriptionRequirements & Registration
Study the basics of the travel and tourism industry and understand what it takes to become a successful travel agent. Improve your customer service and sales skills in order to better advise clients about when and where to travel based on their needs. Learn how to provide the best flight, accommodation and tour options, and how to ensure clients fulfill all necessary travel requirements.
By completing this diploma you will be able to:
- Provide excellent customer service and build customer loyalty
- Understand the various services and facilities available to airline passengers during their travel
- Advise customers on passport and visa requirements, as well as on travel insurance options
- Plan and reserve travel itineraries using standard industry coding
- Sell rail travel, car rental, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tour products
- Book and sell travel products using Global Distribution Systems (GDS) such as Abacus, Amadeus, Galileo or Sabre
- Travel agents
- Airline reservation agents
- Tour operators
- Call center agents
You may enroll in the Printed or eBook version of the elective course. Both versions require access to online modules. You will access these online modules and other study materials through your User Account in the IATA Learning Management System. In order to access the online training content, you need an Internet connection and the Google Chrome™ browser.