DescriptionRequirements & Registration
Acquire essential knowledge and skills to work in the travel and tourism industry and become an effective travel professional. Provide advice on flight, accommodation and tour products, and how to ensure travelers fulfill necessary travel requirements. Improve your customer service and sales skills in order to better advise travel customers about when and where to travel based on their needs. Learn to use a global distribution system to create and manage reservations.
By completing this diploma you will be able to:
- Advise customers on passport and visa requirements, as well as on travel insurance options
- Promote services and facilities available to airline passengers during their travel
- Interpret standard industry codes to plan and reserve travel itineraries
- Sell rail travel, car rental, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tour products
- Provide good customer service and retain customer loyalty
- Use the Global Distribution System to make and maintain reservations and issue travel documents
- Travel agents
- Airline reservation agents
- Tour operators
- Call center agents
You may enroll in the Printed or eTextbook version of the elective course. Both versions require access to online modules. You will access these online modules and other study materials through your User Account in the IATA Learning Management System. In order to access the online training content, you need an Internet connection and the Google Chrome™ browser.