Distribution and Payment
Distribution and Payment is an IATA led program of activity which is transforming the travel distribution landscape. Guided by its flagship
Simplifying the Business
program and underpinned by IATA’s core Airline Distribution Standards activities, the Distribution and Payment transformation is one of
IATA’s major priorities
for 2017 set by the association’s Board of Governors during their December 2016 session. It has three major pillars:
- New Distribution Capability (NDC)
- ONE Order
- New Generation Industry Settlement Systems (NewGen ISS)
Travel Innovation Competition 2017
The Travel Innovation Competition aims to ignite new ideas across the travel industry.
Submit your idea to the Travel Innovation Competition.
Future of Airline Distribution
An IATA-commissioned independent study identified the major trends transforming the travel distribution landscape.
A look ahead to 2021 highlights:
- Travel remains the largest e-commerce category, led by airline ticket sales.
- The typical travel shopper visits 22 websites in multiple shopping sessions before booking a trip
- Passengers are more likely than the general population to own smartphones and tablet devices
- Passengers will be geographically more diverse and emerging markets will contribute greatly to passenger growth over the next 5 years
- The need to incorporate and interact with scores of new technologies will become increasingly important.
- Airline distribution professionals will become more familiar with who their passengers are, so they can design relevant and helpful flight shopping experiences.
- Airline passengers’ behaviors will continue to evolve during the next five years.
- Airlines will be better positioned to serve travelers by keeping these changes in mind
Download the latest
Future of Airline Distribution report (pdf).
Future of Payment
There will be 4 key drivers of change in the payment-related market. Download the latest ‘Payment Trends to Watch out report’ (pdf)
New Distribution Capability (NDC)
NDC is an IATA-led initiative that is looking at providing passengers with personalized choice of products and services. This will be done through the definition of a messaging standard that will enable retailing opportunities through the indirect (GDS/travel agent) channel.
More about NDC.
ONE Order is the concept of a single Customer Order record, holding all data elements obtained and required for order fulfilment across the air travel cycle - such as customer data, order items, payment and billing information, fulfilment data and status.
More about ONE Order.
New Generation Industry Settlement Systems (NewGen ISS)
The New Generation of IATA Settlement Systems (NewGen ISS) aims at transforming the current ISS business model, which facilitates the distribution and settlement of funds between travel agents and airlins via IATA's Billing and Settlement Plan.
More about NewGen ISS.