How to join?
You can join in four easy-steps as follows:
1. Review the Multilateral e-AWB Agreement (pdf)
2. Complete and submit the Online Joining Form (appx.10-15 minutes)
3. Receive your Agrement by e-mail from IATA Cargo
4. e-sign the Agreement
Joining the Multilateral e-AWB Agreement is FREE of charge. The new paperless process using e-signatures removes the need for parties to print, sign and mail paper documents.
After you e-sign the Agreement, it will be sent to the IATA signatory for counter-signature. Once completed, all signatories will receive the final signed PDF by e-mail. Then your company will be listed as party to the IATA Multilateral e-AWB Agreement and you will receive a joining confirmation message from IATA advising the effective date and next steps.
Paper-based process: If you wish to use print and sign the Agreement on paper using traditional wet-ink signature and mail the documents, please download the Forms and instructions.
What are the next steps after joining?
- Check which of your airline partners have joined the agreement and select your partners to roll out e-AWB
- Engage with your airline partners to discuss where and when to start e-AWB
- Validate your messaging and operational capability with your airline business partners
- Receive the Activation Notice from your Airline partners (See Sample Activation Notice)
- Start doing e-AWB at the activated locations
- Roll out e-AWB at further locations by repeating the steps above
IMPORTANT: ACTIVATION NOTICE
In accordance with Article 3.1 of the Agreement, freight forwarder shall only commence tendering cargo shipments under the Multilateral e-AWB Agreement to a participating airline after receiving an Activation Notice from the airline.
See Frequently Asked Questions on the Activation Notice
How to update your information?
You can update your company's Affiliates and/or Designated Contact information at any time.
1. Download and complete the appropriate Form:
2. E-mail the completed Form to IATA Cargo at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Receive the Form from IATA Cargo for e-signature
4. e-sign the Form
After you e-sign, the Form will be sent to IATA Cargo, and the information will be processed and registered accordingly under the Multilateral e-AWB Agreement.