A supply chain security program
Secure Freight is an IATA program for the global air cargo supply chain security. It promotes government standards and principles in which freight is secured upstream early on in the supply chain and then protected from unlawful interference until it reaches its destination.
Secure Freight addresses deficiencies in existing cargo security regimes and brings countries up to the level of ICAO Annex 17 and 9 standards with the help of various tools. Secure Freight complements existing compliance tools e.g. SeMS, IOSA and ISAGO.
Secure Freight tools
- A national Secure Freight Program to regulate the air cargo industry within the state
- The Secure Freight Standards Manual which defines how Secure Freight operators in that state comply with standards that allow shipments to be transported securely across supply chains
- The Secure Freight Operational Procedures, which provide practical guidance on how to move cargo and its associated information through the secure supply chain
- Security Programs template for Secure Freight operators
- Validation & Certification Check lists for SF Operators, among others