IATA Environmental Assessment (IEnvA)
The IATA Environmental Assessment (IEnvA) program is an evaluation system designed to independently assess and improve the environmental management of an airline. IEnvA is a voluntary program based on principles in compliance with environmental obligations and a commitment to continually improve environmental management.
Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
Briefing Note (pdf)
Verification Statement (pdf)
Benefits for Airlines
- Independent assessments by accredited environmental assessment organizations, utilizing on-line tools and data exchange
- Continuous updating of standards to reflect regulatory changes and environmental best practices
- Based on the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) and IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) programs
- Reduced regulatory compliance risks, financial benefits from resource saving and demonstration of good environmental governance
- Compatible with other environmental management systems requirements, such as ISO 14001
- Two-stage implementation based on flight operations and corporate activities
- Adoption of IEnvA procedures allows resources to focus on improving environmental perfomance rather than building environmental management system from scratch
- Continual development of additional aviation modules, including Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Ground Operations (GO)
The IEnvA Program Manual (IEPM) and IEnvA Standards Manual (IESM) are available upon request by emailing email@example.com.