IATA Training & Qualification Initiative (ITQI)
The IATA Training and Qualification Initiative (ITQI) seeks to modernize and harmonize the training and assessment of existing and future generations of pilots and maintenance technicians by responding to evolving flight deck operational procedures needs.
ITQI has three major goals
- Support the implementation of multi-crew pilot license (MPL) and evidence-based training (EBT), in a competency-based framework
- Attract the younger generations to the aviation industry
- Promote regulatory harmonization and market permeability to meet the future needs of the aviation industry and allow a flexible and qualified workforce
Flight operations and engineering & maintenance are the two areas that ITQI focuses on.
Evidence-Based Training (EBT)
Multi-Crew Pilot License Training
Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT)
Selection Criteria (Pilot Aptitude Testing)
Flight Simulation Training Devices (FSTD)
Engineering & maintenance
- Training and qualification requirements
- Certification standards for training providers
For additional information, please contact IATA Training and Qualification Initiative