IATA Training & Qualification Initiative (ITQI)
The IATA Training and Qualification Initiative (ITQI) seeks to modernize and harmonize the training of existing and future generations of pilots and maintenance technicians by responding to evolving flight deck operational procedures needs.
Regardless of economic downturns, the demand for aviation professionals and the need to improve safety, and the quality and efficiency of training remain the primary objectives of ITQI.
IATA works closely with ICAO and is complementary to the Next Generation of Aviation Professionals (NGAP) program. ITQI also relies on the active support of the aviation industry, including regulators, manufacturers, training institutions.
ITQI has three major goals
- Support the implementation of multi-crew pilot license (MPL) and evidence-based training (EBT), in a competency-based framework
- Attract the younger generations to the aviation industry
- Promote regulatory harmonization and market permeability to meet the future needs of the aviation industry and allow a flexible and qualified workforce
Flight operations and engineering & maintenance are the two areas that ITQI focuses on.
Evidence-Based Training (EBT)
Multi-Crew Pilot License Training
Selection Criteria (Pilot Aptitude Testing)
Flight Simulation Training Devices (FSTD)
Engineering & maintenance
- Training and qualification requirements
- Certification standards for training providers
- Selection criteria
For additional information, please contact IATA Training and Qualification Initiative