IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA)
The IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) program is an internationally recognized and accepted evaluation system designed to assess the operational management and control systems of an airline. All IATA members are IOSA registered and must remain registered to maintain IATA membership.
Benefits for airlines and regulators
- Quality audit program under stewardship of IATA
- Continuous updating of standards to reflect regulatory revisions and best practices
- Elimination of audit redundancy, reducing costs and audit resource requirements
- Accredited audit organizations with formally trained and qualified auditors
- Accredited training organizations with auditor training courses
- Structured audit methodology, standardized checklists
The total accident rate for IOSA carriers in 2014 was 3 times better than the rate for non-IOSA operators. As such, IOSA has become a global standard, recognized well beyond IATA membership. As of October 2014, 154 (38%) of the 402 airlines on the IOSA registry were non-IATA member airlines.
The Enhanced IOSA Documents
Conformance Report form (xls)
Enhanced IOSA - Program Overview (pdf)
Commitment Letter Template (.doc)
Visit The Enhanced IOSA Webpage
Learn more about the IOSA initial auditor training course.
Request an IOSA audit report
If you would like to access an IOSA Audit Report, kindly complete the request form (doc) and return it to the IOSA team.