The IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) program is an internationally recognized and accepted evaluation system designed to assess the operational management and control systems of an airline. All IATA members are IOSA registered and must remain registered to maintain IATA membership. See who is already on the IOSA Registry
IATA is now offering IOSA Airline Auditor Training
Benefits for airlines and regulators
- Quality audit program under stewardship of IATA
- Continuous updating of standards to reflect regulatory revisions and best practices
- Elimination of audit redundancy, reducing costs and audit resource requirements
- Accredited audit organizations with formally trained and qualified auditors
- Accredited training organizations with auditor training courses
- Structured audit methodology, standardized checklists
The total accident rate for IOSA carriers between 2011 and 2015 was 3.3 times lower than the rate for non-IOSA operators. As such, IOSA has become a global standard, recognized well beyond IATA membership. As of March 2015, 145 (36%) of the 405 airlines on the IOSA registry were non-IATA member airlines. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The ISM is now available in XML Format
The IOSA Standards Manual (ISM) is now available in XML format for easy integration into your audit management system. E-mail us at email@example.com and we will be pleased to provide you with the licensing option most suited to your needs. The PDF version of ISM will continue to be offered free of charge.
Request an IOSA audit report
IOSA Registered operators should request reports by login into our online system. Read the guidelines (pdf).
Non-IOSA Registered entities are asked to kindly complete the request form (doc) and return it to the IOSA team.