IATA Standard Safety Assessment (ISSA)
The ISSA is a voluntary evaluation program, produced at the request of the industry, to extend the benefits of operational safety and efficiency that emanated from the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) Program to the operators of smaller aircraft that are not eligible for the IOSA program.
The ISSA program offers the entry into an IATA Assessment Registry to operators that utilize aircraft with a maximum take-off weight (MTOW) below 5,700 kg. It also offers a one term registration opportunity to operators of aircraft with an MTOW above 5700 kg.
Access the ISSA Registry.
Should you want to have access to an ISSA Assessment Report kindly complete the request form (doc) and return it to the ISSA team.
Benefits for the Industry
- Global safety standard for commercial operators not covered by existing programs
- Measuring operator’s conformity with relevant ICAO requirements
- Gradual implementation of safety management system (SMS) elements
- Assessment completion provides eligibility for entry into ISSA Registry
- Improved marketing and commercial advantages for operators
- Improved conditions for reduction of insurance premiums
- Initial assessment, followed by biennial renewal assessments
- Assessment planned to be conducted by two auditors for two days
- Assessment follow-up (closure of findings) and subsequent two year registration period
For more information contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org