Airline Cost Management Group (ACMG)
The Airline Cost Management Group (ACMG), formerly known as the Airline Operational Cost Task Force (AOCTF), aims to develop an airline community focused on airline cost understanding and definitions, financial analysis, and benchmark information.
The mission of ACMG is to share best practices on airline cost management, while providing an industry platform for effective cost benchmarking.
- FY2014 Data Collection is now closed. We thank all participating airlines for making this the best ACMG to date, with 60 submissions. Stay tuned for FY2015 Data Collection early next year!
- The 3rd Airline Cost Conference in Geneva was a great success. See what you missed here.
- Share best practices for effective cost management to achieve profitability and foster sustainable airlines
- Provide ACMG Members with an annual report analyzing major cost drivers and identifying industry trends for all aircraft operation areas (flight, ground, maintenance, system)
- Support industry efforts to better understand cost drivers & trends, manage operational costs, and achieve operational efficiencies
- Refine and standardize definitions and methods from a management accounting perspective
- Build a unique global airline costs database
- Increase the number of participating airlines to ensure greater data diversity and accurate analysis/benchmarking
- Collaborate with members to define and implement operational cost management strategies
- Membership to the ACMG is open to all airlines, including cargo, charter and low cost carriers
Benefits for the airlines
- ACMG is a unique opportunity for the airlines to exchange cost related industry experience, relevant trend information, new developments, and best practices, as well as an opportunity to network with their cost management counterparts in all airline operations areas
- Participants will receive an annual ACMG Report (free of charge) highlighting industry trends, providing benchmark cost information, and enabling airlines to compare their performances with the industry and peer group airlines
- Maintaining the confidentiality of all the data is guaranteed. All the data submitted to IATA is de-identified or published as aggregated information
- Specialized regional reports available upon request
Steering Committee (SC)
- ACMG is run by its SC (airlines, IATA, Strategic Partners)
- Up to 15 airlines can have seats on the SC, including Chairman and Vice Chairman
Sign up to become a Steering Committee Member (pdf) or contact email@example.com
Get more information about ACMG (pdf).