Regional Coordinating Group - Africa (AFI RCG)
Area of activity
Current issues include:
- Safety improvement tasks to bring AFI accident rate to the world average and to meet Abuja Safety Targets in collaboration with ICAO:
- Implementation of runway safety measures and conduct of technical missions.
- Eliminating safety audit redundancies by promoting IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit) as acceptable means of compliance, and to promote ISSA (IATA Standard Safety Assessment) and ISAGO (IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations).
- ASBU (Aviation System Block Upgrade) implementation - enhancing airspace efficiency by implementing airspace concept, user preferred routes and seamless, harmonized and interoperable Air Traffic Management.
- Engaging with States/Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs) and advocating for reduced, cost-effective Air Navigation Service (ANS) charges.
Composition and Meetings
The AFI RCG is open to IATA member airlines only. The number of participants is limited to 15. Participants meet twice a year and have as many conference calls as needed.
A private site providing information on current issues and development is available for the aviation professionals involved in the IATA working groups and task forces.