The primary objective of the CBPP is to develop and maintain standards for procedures, documentation and flow of information relating to the air cargo business. Its purview includes:
- Technical standard and procedures for the correct completion of the air waybill
- Standards for the application of automatic identification technology (including bar coding, imaging, RFID, smart cards, dimensioning and voice recognition)
- Technical and procedural standards for EDI
- Standards for other documents, procedures and processes supporting the air cargo business
- Guidance and assistance to non-airline participants in the air cargo business
- Maintenance of the delegated CSC Resolutions and Recommended Practices
Face-to-face meetings are held only when necessary. Tasks are completed using electronic means and/or conference calls as much as possible.
The CBPP consists of up to 12 members appointed by the Cargo Services Conference (CSC), each being an expert in cargo procedures and/or automation.
The current CBPP Chairman is Mr. Jean Dunaux (Air France).
- CBPP Secretary
Zhi Yong LIAO
Manager, Business Process & Standards, IATA