Cargo Operations Advisory Group (COAG)
Created in 2012 to attend the concerns of the industry on cargo operations, COAG has been established to bring together members from airlines and ground handling agents. Reporting jointly to the IATA Cargo Committee and the Ground Handling Council, COAG's objective is to develop best-practice processes and procedures to address all aspect of cargo acceptance and handling. The workgroup aims to:
- Include operations into cargo industry's initiatives, as the e-Cargo program
- Integrate cargo operations in related IATA standards, like the Standard Ground Handling Agreement (SGHA)
- Improve IATA manuals linked to cargo operations as the Airport Handling Manual (AHM)
- Overlook the IATA training courses covering the acceptance handling and uplift of air cargo and mail
- Review the standards on cargo electronic messaging regarding cargo handling activities, such as Cargo-XML
Check the COAG Terms of Reference (pdf)
Meetings are conducted by regular teleconferences. Face-to-face meetings will be held when required.
The COAG consists of not more than 14 members (8 airline members and 6 ground handling members), each being an expert in cargo operations, Cargo EDI messaging standards, mail operations, as applicable.
Manager, Cargo & Mail Operations and Standards, IATA