Dangerous Goods Board (DGB)
The primary objectives of the DGB include:
- Participating in the development of recommendations for amendments to the ICAO Technical Instructions Document and ensuring their implementation into the Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR)
- Providing for a forum allowing member airlines to exchange and develop information specific to the transport of dangerous goods contained in company material (COMAT)
- Implementing a strategy for effective dangerous goods training standards worldwide for operators, ground handling agents (GHA) and freight forwarders
- Promoting an open dialogue with civil aviation authorities and the shipping industry throughout the world to ensure safe and compliant operations
- Developing checklists and other tools to be used in establishing "proof of compliance" checks for dangerous goods safety standards
The Board meets twice a year and meetings are usually scheduled prior to ICAO Working Group or Panel Meetings.
The DGB consists of 12 members, appointed by the Cargo Services Conference (CSC), each being an expert in the dangerous goods field, and each serving on the Panel for a period of four years.
The current DGB Chairman is Mr. Patrick N. Oppenheimer (FedEx).
The Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) is available in English, Chinese, French, German and Spanish. A Japanese edition is produced under license by JACIS.