Regional Coordinating Group - Latin America and Caribbean (LATAM/CAR RCG)
The Regional Coordinating Group (RCG) shall act as advisor to the OPC, IATA management and other relevant IATA bodies in establishing broad IATA requirements and priorities on operational and technical matters based on the LATAM/CAR region. It will provide recommendations on how to implement those measures in a rational, coordinated and cost-effective manner.
Area of Activity
- Safety: support airlines in improving operational safety and promote operational safety initiatives in the Caribbean and South American region including the South Atlantic and Europe Corridor.
- Security & facilitation: ensure that airport security and facilitation procedures are operationally effective.
- Operations: promote flight efficiency and ensure that national regulations for foreign operators are compliant with ICAO standards.
- Airport & Air navigation infrastructure: work with all concerned parties to improve airport throughput and airline operations, implement route-saving initiatives and air traffic management enhancements.
- Impact of global developments on regional operations: ensure applicable global mandates are regionally harmonized for airline optimum operability.
Composition and Meetings
The group is open to IATA member airlines only. The number of participants is limited to 15. Strategic partners, non-IATA airlines and Industry Stakeholders or State can join the meetings as deemed appropriate. Participants meet twice a year and have interval calls as needed.
Need for more information?