Meteorological Task Force (METTF)
IATA's Meteorological Task Force (METTF) comes under the Flight Operations Group (FOG) to:
- Assist in all matters relating to aviation meteorology;
- Make recommendations related thereto;
- Indicate how its recommendations may be implemented in a rational, co-ordinated and cost-effective manner.
FOG guides METTF and maintain oversight of its activities, through the approval and review of the Work Programme. METTF may at any time put forward to the FOG any subject(s) which require(s) immediate attention.
The METTF will develop cost-effective policies, standards, and recommendations for consideration by the FOG relating to:
- All aspects of aviation meteorology and associated telecommunications functions;
- Establishment and maintenance of aviation meteorological standards and practices; the exchange of views on all aspects of aviation meteorology;
- Promotion, when appropriate, of new developments, standards and practices during IATA symposia and other fora;
- And co-operation and co-ordination of activities with the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO), International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), Aeronautical Radio Inc. (ARINC), Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS), airline regional associations and other international bodies as necessary to achieve IATA goals and objectives.