Security Group (SEG)
The Security Group (SEG) assists the Operations Committee (OPC) in all matters relating to the optimization of security measures to enable secure and efficient air transport.
It makes recommendations to combat acts of unlawful interference against civil aviation, and to aid in the discovery and prevention of crimes against the airline industry.
The Security Group meets twice yearly and holds regular conference calls. Its membership consists of 10 Heads of Security of IATA member airlines.
Membership of the Security Group
Effective 1 July 2011 - 30 June 2013
- José Amílcar González, Security Director, AVIANCA-TACA
- Peter Wan, Head of Security, CATHAY PACIFIC (Chairman)
- Kenneth Maxwell, Vice President, Corporate Security, JETBLUE AIRWAYS
- Ben Swagerman, Senior Vice-President, Security Services, KLM
- Peter Andres, Vice-President, Corporate Security, LUFTHANSA
- Steve Jackson, Head of Group Security & Facilitation, QANTAS
- Johan de Waal, Head of Corporate Security Services, SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS
- Evgeniya Sarafanova, Head of Aviation Security Policy, Standards and Compliance, TRANSAERO
- Serhat Soydan, Senior Vice-President, Security, TURKISH AIRLINES
- Richard C. Davis, Managing Director, Corporate Security, UNITED