Security Group (SEG)
The Security Group (SEG) assists the Operations Committee (OPC) in all matters relating to the optimization of security measures to enable secure and efficient air transport.
It makes recommendations to combat acts of unlawful interference against civil aviation, and to aid in the discovery and prevention of crimes against the airline industry.
The Security Group meets twice yearly and holds regular conference calls. Its membership consists of 10 Heads of Security of IATA member airlines.
Membership of the Security Group
Effective 1 July 2013 - 30 June 2015
- José Amílcar González, Security Director, AVIANCA-TACA
- Brian Johnson, Vice-President Security, QATAR AIRWAYS
- Laura Logan, Director, Security Systems and Regulatory, Air Canada
- Ben Swagerman, Senior Vice-President, Security Services, KLM
- Peter Andres, Vice-President, Corporate Security, LUFTHANSA (Chairman)
- Steve Jackson, Head of Group Security & Facilitation, QANTAS
- Kaarlo Karvonen, FINNAIR
- Paul Arnold, Director, Security, UPS Airlines
- Boniface Nyongesa, KENYA AIRWAYS
- Richard C. Davis, Managing Director, Corporate Security, UNITED