Technical Fuel Group (TFG)
The IATA Technical Fuel team from the Operations Department, along with the Commercial Fuel team from Industry Charges, Fuel and Taxation, work closely together to build the most informative program possible for the Aviation Fuel Forum, the industrys premier fuel event. The team collaborates with the IATA Environmental Committee.
Through the Technical Fuel Group (TFG) and the IATA Fuel Quality Pool (IFQP), IATA coordinates with industry suppliers and service providers to ensure a reliable supply of safe and quality jet fuel.
From the refinery process through the delivery of fuel into-plane, IATA establishes and publishes
industry-recognized standards, best practices and procedures.
The IATA Technical Fuel Services and Alternative Fuel Project team is comprised of experts with aviation industry backgrounds, specifically in the areas of fuel specifications, fuel quality standards, refueling procedures, supply-chain quality, aircraft fuel system design, fuel system maintenance and also manages the audit quality pools..
The team also provides expertise in the production of traditional and alternative jet fuels, in the future availability of fuel, in the associated consequences for aircraft operators and engine design.
Technical Fuel Group (TFG) Objective:
Taskforces and Workgroups
- Commonwealth of Independent States Task Force (CISTF)
- Engine Fuel Filter Clogging Task Force (EFCTF)
- Global Application of Electronic Sensors Task Force (GAESTF)
- ICAO Manual Task Force (IMTF)
- International Specification Liaison Group Task Force (ISLGTF)
- Microbiological Contamination Task Force
- SAP Working Group (SAPWG)
- Standard Into Plane Fueling Procedures Task Force (SIPFPTF)