AME RVP Interview
IATA's RVP for Africa and the Middle East interview
As of 1st of January 2017, Muhammad Ali Albakri is IATA’s new Regional Vice-President for Africa and the Middle East. In his new role, Albakri will be responsible for IATA’s operations across 68 countries. Prior to that, Albakri’s career spanned some 26 years at Saudia Airlines where he was leading the strengthening of the carrier’s technology infrastructure and the modernization of its financial practices and processes. Watch the video to learn more about Albakri’s views on IATA future strategy for Africa and the Middle East. More information about Albakri's appiontment can be found
Albakri shares his view about IATA's future strategy for Africa and Middle East (AME) tacking the following questions:
- What inspired you to join IATA?
- In your view, what are some of the challenges facing the industry in AME?
- In 2017, what are your 3 top priorities?
- Change is constant, how do you see the AME region changing and what role will IATA play in facilitating that change?
- And lastly, what’s your message to the Africa and Middle East Region?