IATA in the Americas
IATA’s Americas region is focused on serving the needs of nearly 49 member airlines spread across 22 countries in North, Central and South America. IATA's regional office in Miami is supported by ten field offices across the region.
Key areas of focus for the region include safety and security, sustainability, development of efficient and affordable infrastructure, smarter regulation and reducing the heavy taxes and charges imposed on aviation and air travel in many countries. In support of its activities, IATA works closely with regional and local airline associations, governments, safety regulators, airports and other key stakeholders.
The Americas team has developed a 5-year strategic plan for the region with input from key stakeholders accross the region to tackle the largest opportunities and threats, creating common objectives and initiatives on which to focus through 2022.
The region at a glance
- 5.2 million jobs generated by the airlines industry in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 3.1 million flights per year
- Airline jobs forecast to exceed 2.7 million in 2018
- $156 billion aviation contribution to the region's GDP
- Regional GDP could jump from $140 billion to $ 322 billion by 2034
Aviation developments in the Americas region
For additional information, please contact us