After consulting with partners and advisors across the industry, we concluded that holding the 17th Maintenance Cost Conference (MCC) as a Webinar Series is the best option for the 2021 edition.
Our industry has faced so many challenges in the past two years, but it has also been presented with opportunities. The MCC 2021 Webinar Series will tackle key issues of aircraft preservation and reactivation, aircraft leasing, sustainability, digital aircraft operations, etc.
The MCC Webinars will be held every Wednesday from September 15th to October 6th (7:30am-9:30am EDT).
Who should attend?
- Aircraft and Engine Lessors
- MRO Service Providers & OEMS
- Aviation Authorities
- Managers and directors who focus on: business development, contracts, customer service, engineering, inventory, IT/software, logistics, maintenance program, maintenance planning, materials, purchasing, supply chain, logistics, airworthiness.
Overview of MCC 2021 Program
Episode 1: Industry Status (15 September)
In this episode, seasoned industry experts presented their take on the industry and market outlooks in their respective areas.
- Adam Pilarski (Senior VP – Avitas): Impact of COVID on the industry
- Michael Moosberger (Senior Economist – IATA): State of the airline industry and outlook
- Andrew Doyle (Senior Director, Market Development – Cirium): Fleets & utilisation
- Keith Fernandes (Manager, Fleet Engineering – Virgin Australia): Aviation restart, safely managing aircraft return to service
Episode 2: OEMs and Supply Chain – Challenges & Opportunities in the Post COVID Era (22 September)
In this episode moderated by Chris Markou (Head of Operational Cost Management – IATA), we presented the main points of the agreement between IATA and Rolls Royce announced in July 2021 and took questions from the audience. We will also address the "Annus Horribilis" and the implications for OEMs and the commercial aerospace supply chain.
- Rom Chambard (VP Marketing, Civil Aerospace – Rolls Royce)
- Daniel Kanter (Assistant Director Legal Services – IATA)
- Dr. Kevin Michaels (Managing Director – AeroDynamic Advisory)
Episode 3: Digital Aircraft Operations (29 September)
In this third episode of MCC 2021 Webinar Series, we will present how efficient processes and adapted tools can help airlines optimize their aircraft data management and their material costs.
- Pierre-Yves Benain (Portfolio Director, Aircraft Data Management – SITA)
- Joan Roca (Product Manager – SITA)
- Dr. Sebastian Vock (Senior Solution Architect – Opremic Trade GmbH)
Episode 4: Operations in the post pandemic (6 October)
- Aircraft Leasing, the new normal
- Impact of vaccinations and variants on the travel recovery, and what this means for Fleets & MRO.
Note: the program is subject to change
IATA’s MCC Webinar Series is the exclusive forum to showcase your prodcuts and solutions to the global airline community- adressing aircraft maintenance cost issues and solutions.
Sponsor Benefits include:
- Exclusive access to direct and first-hand intelligences in Aircraft Maintenance Cost
- Direct access to representatives for +75 airlines
- Best overview of the market and changing environment to successfully align in your development strategies
- Showcase your products and solutions to over +870 unique attendees
For more information on the sponsorship opportunities, please email us at email@example.com.
COVID-19 is arguably the worst crisis the airline industry has ever faced. The global pandemic has challenged the industry in every possible way. As the situation develops dynamically, the airlines are adapting quickly to the new parameters.
The 2020 edition of IATA Maintenance Cost Conference (MCC) took place as a series of weekly webinars from September 9 to 30, 2020.
Episode 1: 9 September, 2020
Economic context and forecast; implications of aircraft parking/storage strategies
Summary: Our Chief Economist started this session with an update on the current economic situation and forecast. The following topices were addressed:
- Storage and preservation, what do we do with the aircraft?
- Pro & cons of each strategy
- Cost and maintenance implications
- What needs to be considered?
- 6 months in, would you do anything different?
- Brian Pearce (Chief Economist, IATA)
- Thanos Pascalis (CEO, Ellinair)
- Hannes Pferdekamper (Head of Technical Strategy & Reporting Eurowings)
- Keith Fernandes (Manager, Fleet Engineering. Virgin Australia)
- Swaran Sidhu (Head of Fleet Technical Management, easyJet)
Episode 2: 16 September, 2020
Adapting to exceptional circumstances (transport of cargo in the passenger cabin; aircraft cleaning & disinfecting)
In parallel to an unprecedented fleet grounding, the airlines are facing many other challenges to adapt to new circumstances. Our speakers discussed the following topics:
- Regulatory matters for cargo configuration
- Technical requirements for transport of cargo in the passenger cabin
- Aircraft cleaning & disinfecting procedures and techniques
- Fuel testing
Moderator: Rami Awadalla (Director of Fleet Engineering, Postholder CAMO, Etihad)
- Dragos Budeanu (Manager Paperless Operations, IATA)
- Dan Freeman (Director - Payloads & Customer Engineering, Boeing)
- Matthias Lerovante (Head of Freighter Projects A330 Program Directorate, Airbus)
- Vincent Bouscary (Head of Weight & Balance Operations Support and Training, Airbus)
- Mark Vaughan (Head of Jet Fuel Management, South African Airways)
Episode 3: 23 September, 2020
How COVID-19 is reshaping the aircraft leasing and MRO businesses
It will take years for the aviation industry to recover from the COVID crisis and the related travel restrictions and get back 2019 levels. As a consequence, demand for MRO and leasing services will also be impacted.Our speakers will discussed the following topics:
- Global fleet outlook (retirements, deliveries, demand for leased aircraft and engines, etc.)
- MRO market
- Aircraft and engine leasing markets
Moderator: Chris Markou (Head of Operational Cost Management - IATA)
- Adam Pilarski (Senior VP – Avitas)
- Richard Hough (Chief Technical Officer – ELFC)
- Tiymor Kalimat (Manager, Aircraft Contracts – Jazz Aviation)
- Mark Lynch (SVP Engineering and Material Solutions – GECAS)
- Martin Harrison (Global Managing Director – ICF)
- Sonny Stern (VP Sales MR
- O Services – Delta TechOps)
Episode 4: 30 September, 2020
The role of used serviceable material (USM) in the industry restart. In the coming months and years, the global fleet will considerably change. Some airlines have already announced the retirement of part of their fleet, more retirements are expected. The demand for Used Serviceable Material (USM) will be impacted significantly. Tools are available to help airlines and MROs to effectively handle their material management and procurement.Our speakers discussed:
- The evolution of the USM market
- An optimization tool for consumable expendables
- MRO SmartHub, an innovative web-based business intelligence platform for surplus part inventories
Life-limited part (LLP) traceability
- Jonas Murby (Principal - AeroDynamic Advisory)
- Abdol Moabery (President & CEO – GA Telesis)
- Tommy Hughes (President & CEO – VAS Aero Services)
- Jens Bjarnason (SVP Corporate Affairs – Icelandair)
- Garath Harries (Project Manager & Business Development for MRO SmartHub – IATA)
- Chris Markou (Head of Operational Cost Management - IATA)