Aviation is the Business of Freedom. The essence of aviation is building a global community by connecting people, businesses and cultures across great distances. With millions of people working in the aviation industry, it is important that this workforce reflects the amazing diversity that it fosters in our society. The IATA Diversity & Inclusion Awards, sponsored by Qatar Airways, aim to recognize and celebrate the great work that is being done to ensure our industry is diverse and inclusive.
Three awards to recognize three categories of leadership in diversity and inclusion
- Inspirational Role Model: Recognizes a woman holding a senior position within the air transport industry who has had a significant impact on the aviation agenda through her strong contribution to business delivery, as well as her ongoing support of the diversity and inclusion agenda. Nominees are welcome from across the aviation industry.
- High Flyer: Recognizes a young female aviation professional under the age of 40 who has demonstrated leadership through concrete action in favor of diversity and inclusion, making a positive impact on the industry. Open to all female professionals in the aviation industry.
- Diversity & Inclusion Team Award: Recognizes an airline that has seen measurable change in diversity and inclusion as a result of the work it has been doing in this area. Open to all IATA member airlines.
The shortlisted nominees for the 2021 edition in each category are:
Inspirational Role Model
- Catherine Guillemart-Dias
- Harpreet A. De Singh
- Icema Gibbs
- Sumati Sharma
- Fatma Al Mehairi
- Kanchana Gamage
- Lalitya Dhavala
- Phatsima Kgomotso
- Air Canada
- All Nippon Airways
Each award category comes with US$25,000 in prize money, generously funded by Qatar Airways.
Nominations close on 29 August. Winners will be announced during the IATA’s Annual General Meeting and World Air Transport in Boston in October 2021.
Judges (2019 Winners)
The panel of judges consists of the winners of the 2019 IATA Diversity & Inclusion Awards:
- Christine Ourmières-Widener (Former CEO of FlyBe) - Winner of the Inspirational Role Model Award
- Fadimatou Noutchemo Simo (Founder and President of the Young African Aviation Professional Association) - Winner of the High Flyer Award
- Christina Kennedy on behalf of Air New Zealand Team - Winner of the Diversity & Inclusion Team Award
The judging panel will be chaired by Karen Walker, Editor-in-Chief of Air Transport World.
Any question? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org