Geneva – The International Air Transport Association (IATA) and the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) have unveiled plans for a distance-based learning program aimed specifically at those working in the air transport sector whose responsibilities include any aspect of insurance.
Candidates will work towards the Diploma in Insurance, an internationally-recognized qualification delivered by the CII, which will be enhanced by a dedicated airline transport procurement module developed by IATA.
Available now, this learning pathway will be of significant interest to a broad range of organizations, including airlines, ground-handlers, airport authorities and all those working in air transport.
“This collaboration is about raising standards and developing career paths across the sector. Air transport is one of the world’s most important industries, and insurance plays a vitally important role within it,” said Guido Gianasso, IATA’s Vice President, Human Capital.
The Diploma in Insurance is a modular qualification, enabling entrants to build a learning route matched to their job role. A comprehensive suite of learning and revision materials is available.
For the IATA/CII initiative, three compulsory CII units will provide candidates with essential coverage of aviation insurance:
- Insurance law
- Insurance business and finance
- Aviation and space insurance.
Entrants will also select two from the following four CII units (and complete the IATA transport procurement module):
- Cargo and goods in transit insurance
- Commercial property and business interruption
- Liability insurance
- Risk management.
Upon completion, the CII will award the Diploma in Insurance while IATA will recognize the proficiency in the procurement area.
Holders of the Diploma in Insurance can progress to the CII Advanced Diploma in Insurance, using the credits acquired at Diploma level against the required total for the Advanced Diploma qualification. Those qualified at Advanced Diploma level can apply to become Chartered, the recognized mark of professional status.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +41 22 770 2967
Notes for Editors:
- IATA (International Air Transport Association) represents some 240 airlines comprising 84% of global air traffic.
- IATA Training and Development Institute (ITDI) is committed to developing human capital for tomorrow’s air transport industry, offering a wide range of training programs spanning all aviation industry sectors in collaboration with training partners and prestigious academic institutions worldwide. For more information please visit www.iata.org/training
- You can follow us at http://twitter.com/iata2press for news specially catered for the media.
- The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) is the world’s leading professional organisation for insurance and financial services. Its 107,000 members are committed to maintaining the highest standards of technical competence and ethical conduct. A robust framework of learning and development solutions enables the CII to support corporate partners and individuals across the industry. It ensures that all members comply with minimum standards and inspires many more to achieve advanced levels of technical and professional competence.
- Follow the CII on Twitter, where you will be kept up to date with latest press releases, media appearances and expert commentary: http://www.twitter.com/CIIGroup