Istanbul – During the World Cargo Symposium, the General Administration of Civil Aviation of China (CAAC) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) signed a memorandum of understanding for long-term collaboration in Unit Load Device (ULD) related airworthiness standards and regulations.
The agreement covers the following topics:
- Airworthiness training activities
- Harmonization of industry standards and regulations
- Meetings and seminars to raise awareness of ULD standards
- Airworthiness requirements and standards related to design, operation and maintenance of ULDs
The agreement signifies the growing importance of China as a cargo hub and IATA’s continued focus on a supply chain approach to safety.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: + 41 22 770 2967
Notes for Editors:
- IATA (International Air Transport Association) represents some 230 airlines comprising 93% of scheduled international air traffic.
- You can follow us at http://twitter.com/iata2press for news specially catered for the media.