Milestone for Improved Global Safety
Montreal – The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced that Air Transat has become the first airline to renew its IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) registration under the Enhanced IOSA audit process.
Enhanced IOSA introduces the following:
“We congratulate Air Transat for becoming the first airline to complete the rigorous standards of the Enhanced IOSA audit process. Their commitment to support implementation of Enhanced IOSA is commendable and paves the way for other airlines to follow suit,” said Guenther Matschnigg, IATA’s Senior Vice President, Safety and Flight Operations.
In June 2013, the IATA Board of Governors mandated the implementation of Enhanced IOSA for all IOSA renewal audits as of September 2015. Until then, airlines can opt to undergo their renewal audits under the Enhanced IOSA audit process on a voluntary basis.
“Enhanced IOSA adds an important dimension that focuses on the airline’s self-auditing and quality assurance programs. IATA will work with all airlines to ensure implementation of Enhanced IOSA by the set deadline,” said Matschnigg.
In 2013, IATA will conduct three Enhanced IOSA regional workshops – Beijing, Montreal and Bucharest – for IOSA registered airlines. Further workshops will be held in other regions in 2014.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +41 22 770 2967
Notes for Editors:
- IATA (International Air Transport Association) represents some 240 airlines comprising 84% of global air traffic
- The IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) program is an internationally recognized and accepted evaluation system designed to assess the operational management and control systems of an airline. All IATA members are IOSA registered and must remain registered to maintain IATA membership
- IOSA has a positive impact on aviation safety. In 2012, airlines on the IOSA registry had an all accident rate 77% better than non-IOSA registered airlines
- You can follow us at http://twitter.com/iata2press for news specially catered for the media
- For more information on Enhanced IOSA, contact us at email@example.com or visit www.iata.org/iosa