Overflying Conflict Zones, Drones, Highlight Ops Conference Agenda
The conference will bring together global stakeholders to address a host of emerging operational issues including overflight of conflict zones, sharing of airspace with remotely powered aircraft systems (RPAS or drones), cyber security, fatigue risk management, safety management systems, safety culture and the effect of new technology on aircraft operations.
In terms of safety, in 2015 the airline industry recorded a global jet hull loss rate of one accident for every 3.1 million flights, a 30% improvement on the five-year average.
- Rickard Gustafson, President and CEO, Scandinavian Airlines
- Henrik Hololei, European Commission Director General, Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport (DG MOVE)
- Tony Tyler, Director General and CEO, IATA
- Roberto Kobeh Gonzalez, Director General, SENEAM (Mexican Airspace Navigation Services) and former President of the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- Patrick Ky, Director General, European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- Peggy Gilligan, Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety, US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Martin Rolfe, CEO, NATS UK
- Jeff Poole, Director General, Civil Air Navigation Services Organization (CANSO)
- Joe Sultana, Director Network Manager, Eurocontrol
- Pekka Henttu, Director General - Aviation, Finnish Transport Safety Agency and Chairman, EASA Management Board
Tel: +41 22 770 2967
- IATA (International Air Transport Association) represents some 260 airlines comprising 83% of global air traffic.
- You can follow us at http://twitter.com/iata2press for news specially catered for the media.